The Indigenous Kids Rights Path (IKRP) was created because we know that it can be hard for Indigenous kids to get help when their rights are not being respected, especially those who live on reserves or in remote communities.
The Caring Society made this website so that Indigenous children and youth can find out more information about their rights and who to go to for help.
IKRP can help you to:
- Learn about the laws and rules that affect Indigenous children’s rights in Canada (for example, the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child);
- Get information about Indigenous children’s rights in Canada and around the world, in child-friendly language whenever possible;
- Learn where you can go to for help when it is needed;
- Find your way if you have a human rights complaint;
- Understand the things that can make life more difficult for First Nations children on reserve;
- Learn how people of all ages can support efforts to make sure that Indigenous kids' rights are being respected.