direct service

The Ombudsman

The Ombudsman is the office to contact if you feel government, other public bodies and trustees have not acted fairly or openly.
Phone: (506) 453-2789 (Mon. to Fri., 8:30am-4:30 pm)
Toll-free: 1-888-465-1100 (Mon. to Fri., 8:30am-4:30 pm)

Fax: (506) 453-5599

Email :

Centres jeunesses

To report suspected child maltreatment, call the Centre jeunesse (child protection agency) for your area (see website). For services in English on the island of Montreal, call Batshaw Youth and Family Centres at (514) 935-6196. For services in French in Montreal, call Centre jeunesse de Montrèal at (514) 896-3100. In Quebec City, call (418) 661-6951.

Child, Youth and Family Services

To report suspected child maltreatment call your local Child, Youth and Family Services office (see website). These offices are located in four regions: metro, central east, western, and Labrador. The contact information for the Metro regional office is listed below, if you reside outside this region, please visit the Child, Youth and Family Service webpage for all other phone numbers.

Community Services

To report suspected child maltreatment, call the agency or district office in the Department of Community Services nearest to you (see website). If you are not sure whom to contact, you can call the Nova Scotia Community Services head office at 1-877-424-1177. You can report suspected child maltreatment after regular business hours at: 1-866-922-2434.


Subscribe to RSS - direct service