Places that provide help right now

  • To report suspected child maltreatment, call the agency or district office in the Department of Community Services nearest to you (see website). If you are not sure whom to contact, you can call the Nova Scotia Community Services head office at 1-877-424-1177. You can report suspected child maltreatment after regular business hours at: 1-866-922-2434.

    Where: Nova Scotia
  • If you need help, call 1-888-429-8167 (toll free).

    Language(s): English
  • The Ombudsman is the office to contact if you feel government, other public bodies and trustees have not acted fairly or openly.If you think you have been treated unfairly, call toll free within Nova Scotia: 1-877-670-1100

    Toll-free within Nova Scotia: 1-800-670-1111
    Youth Services toll-free within Nova Scotia: 1-888-839-6884
    Phone: 902-424-6780
    Fax: (902) 424-6675

    Nova Scotia's Ombudsman is also the Children's Advocate and helps children and youth receiving provincial government services if they feel their rights are not being respected or they feel they are not being listened to. 
    Phone: 1.902.424.6780
    Toll Free: 1.888.839.6884


    Where: Nova Scotia